As promised, here is my feels-themed giveaway! The books/series above all have one thing in common - they made me feel something. That doesn’t necessarily mean I cried but they definitely inspired some kind of emotional response in my robot-like self. They’re also some of my favourite books. Hopefully there’s a decent enough selection for you to choose from.
5 people will be sent a book of their choice from the selection above if they’re randomly selected as winners.
Please read the following:
- To enter, like and/or reblog this post
- You may reblog the post as many times as you like but don’t annoy your followers too much with it
- I would prefer if you were following me, since this giveaway is a ‘thank you’ to my followers
- This giveaway is international, as I am purchasing books via Book Depository and they have free delivery for the majority of the world. Double check that your country is included here
- Your inbox MUST be open. I won’t be contacting anyone via fan mail
- Winners may also choose a sequel to the books pictured above if it’s part of a series
- Winners may choose which edition of the book they want, so long as it is paperback and under $15 (AU). The only exception is The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, which is over $20 and hardback. I’ll only be buying this for one person (if they want it) so I have enough for the other books, sorry! I just love it so much and want to be able to share it with at least one person, even if it’s expensive
- One of the books, Alexander Altmann A01567 is only available as a prize for Australians, as it is unavailable on Book Depository. If Aussies would like this book, I will order it for you from Bookworld
- If you’re not sure which book you’d like, I’d be happy to tell you more about them and help you pick one that suits your tastes
- No giveaway blogs
- If you’re uncomfortable giving me your address, don’t be. I won’t be saving it or giving it out elsewhere or anything
- The giveaway ends August 1st 12PM AEST
- Winners will be selected using a random number generator and have 48 hours to get back to me. I’m quite lenient on that but I would prefer if people replied ASAP so I can be organised
- If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me
Good luck and happy reading, word shakers!
BOOSTING THE FUCK OUT OF THIS.
Melbourne protest for Gaza, July 19. 2014.
قد لا تفهم الان او غداً ولكن بمرور الوقت سيكشف لك الله سبب مرورك بكل الصعاب التي مرت عليك.
You may not understand today or tomorrow but eventually God will reveal why you went through everything you did.
one of the worst moments in life is probably when you’re in a room full of people and you look around and see them all talking and laughing and all of sudden you feel so sad and lonely that you can even feel a physical pain in your chest because you…
ABC News tells viewers that scenes of destruction in Gaza are in Israel
More than fifty Palestinians have been killed and another 450 wounded since Monday in Israel’s ongoing assault on the besieged Gaza Strip, dubbed “Operation Protective Edge” by the Israeli army.
As usual, mainstream media outlets are straining to paint Israel as the victim, defending its people against irrational Palestinian rocket fire.
There is no equating the killing and maiming of dozens of innocent Palestinians with scared Israelis seeking shelter from crude rockets that rarely cause damage. But that hasn’t stopped media outlets from trying, and in some cases, outright lying, to distort the violence.
In one stark example, ABC News’ Diane Sawyer misidentifies scenes of the aftermath of Israeli missile strikes in Gaza as destruction caused by Palestinian rocket fire.
As Sawyer segues into the segment, she says, “We take you overseas now to the rockets raining down on Israel today as Israel tried to shoot them out of the sky.” Next to her is video footage not of Israelis or even Israel, but of Israeli airstrikes on Gaza.
Sawyer then incorrectly describes an image of a Palestinian family gathering belongings in the smoking debris of a missile-hit home in Gaza as “an Israeli family trying to salvage what they can.”
Here’s where you come in.
1: Share this error on social media, specifically on tumblr reblog and try to spread this misinformation as much as possible.
2. GO TO ABC NEWS’ FEEDBACK PAGE AND FILE A COMPLAINT: LINK: http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=World+News+with+Diane+Sawyer
2a. Select “World News with Diane Sawyer” for the show you wish to critique, and “Complaint” in the drop down menus.
2b. Here is a pre written statement that you can use if you wish, or write up your own.
While Diane Sawyer was covering the recent siege on Gaza by the Israeli military she very wrongly told viewers that the scenes of destruction and turmoil the Palestinian people were going through in Gaza were pictures of Israeli people. It is absolutely outrageous that a news station like ABC would make such a blatant ridiculous error in its news reporting. Please make a correction to the mistakes made earlier today immediately. Proof:
Not ‘long’ in terms of age, because I can’t tell the future.
It’s about my mind project/s.
'Connecting the dots' for my starting line of recalibration just moved well.
I may have start connecting the dots but I’m not that near to begin it.
today’s newspaper did a good thing